Monday, May 08, 2006

Housekeeping Woes

The two or three of you who regularly read this blog might remember that in my recent rat rantings I mentioned having a mice infestation some years ago.

This morning I was getting my brother’s room ready. Not the chainsaw brother, I mean the recently retired brother who’s decided to come visit his sisters on the West Coast. Anyway, while unfolding the fold-up couch I found evidence of that same mice infestation. I guess you can tell that we don’t get many overnight guests given that I haven’t unfolded this couch for so long...

Disgusting.

I hate the mess that mice leave!

Filthy little buggers.

So I pulled the mattress covers (two layers, a futile attempt to make this bed more comfortable) off the mattress and threw them down the stairs in the general direction of the washing machine. I hauled out the vacuum cleaner and sucked up the mice poop and fluffy mice nest materials. I inspected the mattress for holes. Who knows, maybe they actually lived inside the mattress? No holes, luckily.

Then I sprayed everything with Febreze Antibacterial Fabric Refresher (“Kills 99.9% of Bacteria that Cause Odors”) and hoped for the best.

I least I haven’t found any more dead bodies.

Of course mice bodies aren’t as bad as rat bodies. Mice bodies can be flushed down the toilet. Rat bodies have to be secreted out with the garbage.

I’ll never win the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval at this rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home