Monday, September 04, 2006

Trip To Europe - Favorite Moments

In August I visited The Netherlands and Germany. Here are a few of my favorite memories.

Waking up early the first morning and standing on my bed to take a picture out of the skylight just after dawn at Landgoed Ruighenrode, Lochem, NL.


Going for a walk in the Dikke Bomen near Kasteel Ampsen at Laren with assorted aunts, uncles, cousins and other relatives.


Visiting De Pas and Welsink, the farms near Eefde where my Mom and Dad grew up.




Seeing the Porta Nigra and other Roman ruins in Trier, Germany’s oldest city.


Wandering around in the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress where the youth hostel is and where I stayed 26 years ago in Koblenz.


Cruising the Rhine River on the K-D Line’s ship Godesburg. My brothers and I had a fabulous time sitting outside on the top deck surrounded by sun, wind, water, vineyards and castles.




Waiting for our next train in Augsburg. My brothers know how to spend the time!


Touring Schloss Hohenschwangau and Schloss Neuschwanstein, two of the castles near Füssen.




Riding the Tegelbergbahn up to the summit of Tegelberg near Schwangau and watching the paragliders taking off.




Having lunch in Mittenwald with Karwendel looming over your shoulder.


Walking through the Partnach-Gorge just outside Garmisch-Partenkirchen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home