Sunday, September 17, 2006

This Is Not a Post About My Trip To Europe

Just finished vacuuming and dusting the house, cleaning the kitchen and downstairs bathroom, washing out Andy's ears (Tyler retreated to the back of the back yard as soon as he saw the dog ear cleaning solution bottle and then pretended he was deaf when I called him so I'll have to sneak up on him later) and now I'm trying to get my act together for my next blog post "Trip To Europe – A Week in The Netherlands".

But the jumble of travel notes and photos aren't arranging themselves into any sort of interesting pattern so "A Week in The Netherlands" is not going to get done today. Besides, (this is a big hint, you guys) I want copies of my sister's and brother's pictures from Holland too since I'm sure they've got some great shots that deserve inclusion in the post.

The best I can manage today is a preview picture. This is part of the fabulous view from the top of a windmill at the Openluchtmuseum in Arnhem.


Arnhem, by the way, has such a hopelessly convoluted tangle of streets around the train station that it's impossible to navigate from south to north without also visiting both the eastern and western sectors of the city. Our navigator (me) was forced to abandon the map in favour of desperately scanning for helpful street signs.


I'll end today with something I found while looking for inspiration for my own travel writings - Modern Gonzo's website. Click, read, see, enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home