Thursday, November 30, 2006

Spam Troubles

A few weeks ago when I was being particularly pissed off at Blogger I investigated a few other blog hosting sites. And I registered at two or three, carelessly using my main email address. I now suspect that one of these blogging sites is not very careful about securing it's member database since my email address has been recently inundated by masses of Spam. I'm now up to about 40 to 50 Spam emails a day and I was only getting 4 or 5 a week before then.

I've gone back and deleted my profile on those sites (including MySpace) but I think the damage has been done...

It's very annoying.

Of course, it could also have been that one of my eBay customers had their PC farmed for email addresses by a Spammer.

I'm probably lucky that I have not had serious problems up to now.

My friend J. emailed me the URL for another blogging site, www.vox.com. I just had a quick look and at first glance it looks like a very good one! Lots of functionality, visually appealing templates, pages download very fast, and an interesting member community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home